1. From a screen where you can enter text, press Options (right softkey) > Text Mode to change the text input mode.
2. Select one of the following Text Mode options:
- T9(English) to enter text using a predictive text system that reduces the number of key presses required while entering a word.
- Alpha to cycle through the alpha characters associated with the letters on the keypad.
- Symbols to enter symbols.
- Number to enter numbers by pressing the numbers on the keypad.
- Emoticons to enter “emoticons” (smileys)